Mouthwatering Flavors of The Salt Lick BBQ
Short answer: The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, TX is a legendary barbecue restaurant known for its brisket, ribs, and sausage smoked over live oak fires. Established in 1967, the establishment has received numerous accolades and has been featured in various TV shows and publications.
How to Master The Salt Lick BBQ Driftwood, TX Style
Are you craving some good old fashioned Texan BBQ? Look no further than The Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX. This legendary establishment has been serving up mouth-watering brisket and ribs since 1967.
But how do you truly master the art of dining at The Salt Lick? Follow these tips to get the full experience:
1. Arrive early or be prepared to wait – The Salt Lick is a popular spot and waits can be long on busy days. Planning ahead by arriving early or calling ahead for reservations will save you time (and hunger-induced stress) so that you can focus solely on savoring their delicious food.
2. Go all in with the family-style meal – No need to hem and haw over which meats to choose, just order it all! Their famous family-style meal includes unlimited plates of brisket, sausage, pork ribs, potato salad, slaw, beans and bread – enough for even the hungriest group.
3. But don’t skip out on their signature beef brisket – While everything else is tantalizing; from perfect sausages packed with flavor to sumptuous pork ribs falling off bone- top secret recipe smoking sauces specifically crafted for each meat kind—it would be foolish not to try their world-famous beef brisket as they are known for it!
4. BYOB – Yes! You read that right: Bring your own beer/wine! Just remember per seating table there’s permitted amount of cases allowed i.e two-to-five beers per person if someone wants liquor because that isn’t allowed but who needs those when we have cold brews instead?
5. Round out your meal with some cobbler dessert – still got room left in tummy after finishing above mentioned delicacies then say hello apple cobbler desert put them into oven serve hot & whipped cream optional (totally worth getting)
Keeping our personal favorite aside “The Salt Lick” is a place to go for everyone – its outdoor seating areas where guests are surrounded by beautiful Texas Hill Country views and live music topped with mouth-watering BBQ whilst enjoying the ambiance of an evening in celebrated company. A truly brilliant experience indeed…
Step-by-Step Guide to Enjoying The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, TX
Ah, the Salt Lick BBQ – a true Texan experience that is not to be missed. Located in Driftwood, TX just outside of Austin, this iconic barbecue joint has been serving up mouth-watering meats and delectable sides since 1967.
But with so much hype surrounding The Salt Lick BBQ, where does one even begin? Fear not my friends, for I have put together a step-by-step guide on how to enjoy every bite of this delicious institution.
Step 1: Arrive early
First things first, arrive as early as possible. Why? Because waiting in line is part of the experience! Plus, you want to make sure you have plenty of time to peruse the menu and soak up all those smoky aromas. Pro tip: bring some lawn chairs or a picnic blanket if you don’t want to stand around while you wait!
Step 2: Order like a pro
Once you finally make it inside (and trust me, it’ll be worth the wait), it’s time to order your food. If you’re new to The Salt Lick BBQ game, go for their family-style platter which includes brisket, sausage links, pork ribs and turkey breast served alongside potato salad and baked beans. Want something more specific? Ask for lean or moist brisket- always tender if cooked properly.
Feeling adventurous? Try adding on some of their famous peach cobbler dessert made fresh daily.
Step 3: BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverages)
One unique aspect about The Salt Lick BBQ is they allow guests bring their own alcoholic beverages without any corkage fee which is uncommon at other restaurants. This means less money spent on drinks equals more money saved for deliciously smoked meat!
Step 4: Enjoy the ambiance
The atmosphere at The Salt Lick BBQ is second-to-none; from the rustic decor featuring old photos and western memorabilia hanging on the walls to their sprawling outdoor seating area, you’ll feel right at home.
Step 5: Go back for seconds (or thirds)
You’ve devoured your first plate and might even have a food coma coming along but don’t fret- There’s always room for more BBQ! Head back up to the counter and get another round of whatever tickled your taste buds enough.
The Salt Lick BBQ is not just about the meat; it’s an overall surreal culinary dining experience which should be checked off in any Texan’s bucket list. Just follow these steps, arrive hungry ,and leave satiated with delicious smoked meats that will keep you coming back time and again.
Top 5 Fascinating Facts About The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, TX
The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, Texas is a true Southern institution that has been serving up some of the best barbecue in the Lone Star State for over 50 years. Whether you’re a local or just passing through, this iconic restaurant always promises to leave your taste buds tantalized and your belly full.
But did you know that there’s more to The Salt Lick than just its mouth-watering brisket and country-style ribs? Here are five fascinating facts about this beloved BBQ spot that you might not have known before:
1. It all started with a little pit in the backyard
In 1967, Thurman Roberts Sr. opened The Salt Lick as a humble BBQ stand on his family’s ranch in Driftwood. He cooked his meats using only an open flame pit surrounded by cinder blocks – those were simpler times! Today, The Salt Lick still maintains their original cooking methods to produce authentic Central Texas Barbecue.
2. Everything they use is homemade
At The Salt Lick, everything from the rubs and sauces to even their buttery yeast rolls is made entirely from scratch on-site every day; talk about fresh! You can truly taste the love poured into every meal here.
3. They’ve got major celeb stamp-of-approval
It isn’t unusual for A-listers such as Matthew McConaughey or Beyoncé Knowles-Carter to stop at The Salt Lick when they visit Austin (which isn’t far away). President Obama himself once thanked them for providing lunch while he was campaigning nearby!
4. Best place to unwind with live music performances & social scene
Salt Lick Cellars tasting room compliments Texas Hill Country musical heritage hosting weekly entertainment featuring local artists so customers can enjoy good tunes whilst savoring some good ole’ Texan eats paired with fine wine tasting inside their estate winery located adjacent at one of Dripping Springs favorite BBQ spots.
5. Their secret family recipe is anything but a secret
Unlike most places that keep their recipes under wraps, The Salt Lick proudly prints its brisket rub ingredients on every bottle of spice; talk about transparency! You can even take the taste home with you –– all spice blends and sauces are available for purchase online or in-store.
In conclusion, once you’ve had barbecue at The Salt Lick, there’s just no going back to your regular neighborhood joint. This place offers not only amazing food but also an experience unlike any other in Texas. Whether you’re a foodie who appreciates quality cooking or just someone looking for great ambiance (and top-notch margaritas), this iconic spot should definitely be at the top of your list next time you find yourself driving through Driftwood. It’s more than worth it, ya’ll!